Monday, March 11, 2013

Challenge - Simplicity


Challenge Topic: Simplicity

Posting Date: Saturday, April 13, 2013


Tips:
This topic is so “simple,” it can be difficult! It will make you think carefully about your subject and your background. The subject needs to be clearly defined. Clutter needs to be removed or minimized in the background. Don’t be afraid to use negative space in the framing of your composition.

Instructions:
Prepare one to three of your own photographic images that illustrate the simplicity style of photography. You may take new photos or use ones in your archive, though it would be preferable to take at least one new image for this particular challenge. Also, please include any information or tips that may be of assistance to other participants (e.g., how you took the images, post-processing details, camera settings, what you learned).

Starting with this challenge, we’ll be switching over to a direct linkup of your challenge posts. As a result, the linkup tool will not be available until the day before the challenge date (April 12) and a couple thereafter.

14 comments:

  1. OK I'm joining this one although I'm still really intimidated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! No need to be intimidated. Just go at your own pace!

      Delete
  2. Love the topic! We are becoming a minimalist family this year so I laughed and celebrated with this topic.
    Love Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, question...it says submissions can't be added until Apr 12?
    Is that right?
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correct! I edited the post to make it clearer.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for changing the link up date and method so that only the related post will be entered.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Donna for this lesson. I like the idea of once a month since I am learning new things. I had been doing a couple of weekly links that had gotten over 100 to 150 entries and no way can I visit them all. Nice to have a new challenge. I take my photo taking seriously. LOL
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be there, too. And this gives me time to think about what I want to photograph. Thanks for the invite!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so interesting! I can't wait to visit the others!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm joining for the first time. I discovered your challenge via many of the blogs I like to visit. As I only discovered you yesterday I chose a photo from my archives for this theme, but will have more time to work on the next one. Looking forward to learning more and trying different things with my cameras.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks again Donna for hosting this event. I'm having a lot of fun and picking up some tips.

    ReplyDelete